What To Read Next
See some important tips to do the right thing when you have an emergency and need to call 911 for help.
Even with the arrival of the most advanced technologies in the worldwide market, one of the few things people will always need to rely on is the emergency phone call.
Landline Emergency Calls
However, the landline is still important for the security of households. This kind of device and service help public authorities such as the government police to locate addresses with more preciseness and velocity than any other type of mobile app or voice device.
Most Common Calls
According to the Emergency Medical Services Information System (NEMSIS), some of the most commons Emergency Medical Services 911 calls respond to:
- Traumatic injury – 21.4%
- Loss of consciousness/ fainting – 7.7%
- Abdominal pain/problems – 12.3%
- Chest pain/discomfort – 10.1%
- Behavioral/psychiatric disorder – 7.8%
- Respiratory distress – 12.2%
Other reasons may be crimes, fires, car crashes or events that involve someone with requirements of medical attention.
Step By Step when Calling 911
These are the questions you will need to answer:
- Where is the location of the event?
- From what number you are calling?
- What is the nature of the emergency?
- What are the details of the emergency?
Covid-19 Pandemic Cases
If the caller has or may have been exposed to the Coronavirus, they should call 911 in case of a true emergency and/or if having any symptoms such as:
- difficulty breathing/shortness of breath.
- persistent chest pain or pressure
- new confusion or incapacity to awaken.
- bluish lips/face
Behavioral Tips for Callers
Although it may seem an obvious direction, it is helpful for the overall situation if the caller stays calm and interact both with the environment and the caller attendant efficiently.
Other than that, let the professional on the other side of the line guide you on the conversation, do not try to do the opposite.
Did you like this article?
Check out here for more, it is free! In just a few seconds, CleverPing, a unique and intelligent technology, helps you compare the best home service providers in your area.
Written By: Erika Yukari